Our mission is to provide high quality medicinal cannabis and other natural health care services, promoting a holistic approach to healing and living.
We envision a world in which Cannabis and other natural therapies are readily accessible and socially supported. They will be legally protected and regulated in a manner that is consistent with the highest standard of care. Those who use, produce and distribute these medicines will be free from legal, social and political sanctions. We will each take responsibility for our individual, collective and environmental health while honouring the diversity in each other and in the natural world.
The work we do at Sānātiō Strauss and the services we provide are a reflection of these core values:
- Compassion. Compassion has called us to engage in civil disobedience because the current laws fail to make medicinal marijuana available for those in need. Cannabis is an important therapeutic plant that must be readily accessible. Cannabis provides effective relief for persons living with critical and chronic illnesses. Cannabis is also an effective harm reduction tool.
- Diversity. The diversity of humans, plants and animals is a vital component of health. We honour the diversity in each other and in the natural world. Diversity is embodied by our staff, board, and members. The diversity in cannabis and other plants is the key to their efficacy. We provide and advocate for access to a wide variety of cannabis strains, methods of delivery and models of distribution. We do not engage in research that involves animal testing, nor would lead to patenting of life forms.
- Empowerment. The individual is the primary authority when it comes to making personal health care decisions, including the decision to use Cannabis medicinally. The individual must also have the right to produce their own medicine and access it in a manner that best meets their needs. Empowerment encourages the individual to take control of his or her own healing.
- Natural Health Care. Natural therapies are an effective alternative or compliment to allopathic medicine. Natural therapies must be available to everyone who would choose to make them part of a healthy lifestyle–not just to those who can afford them.
- Alternative Solutions. We provide Cannabis and other natural therapies because they are important alternatives to some of the potentially harmful tools of allopathic medicine. We utilize consensus decision-making as an alternative to hierarchical structures because consensus empowers the individual and the community. We serve as a working model of these alternative solutions.
- Research and Knowledge Sharing. Sānātiō Strauss actively engages in research with the purpose of improving the health of our members and the diverse communities we serve and support. The types of research we engage in adhere to the Sānātiō Strauss Ethical Guidelines and Standards for research. We initiate and participate in research to increase the body of knowledge about cannabis and other natural medicines, and to create new knowledge that can improve access to whole plant medicines and other natural remedies.
We manufacture cannabinoid oils through cold press, natural extraction process that excludes heat and petro chem’s and leaves a natural acid bound whole cannabinoid oil that can be scientifically measured and dosed with specific compounds for specific medical needs. Decarboxylation is a damaging process of heating or burning cannabis that distorts and damages the natural penetrative characteristics and uptake capacity in the human body and is in our research the leading cause of failed treatment by severely ill and suffering patients.